- ‘User’: each natural person or legal entity who visits the Website;
- ‘Website’: the website www.trappistwestvleteren.be and all additional pages;
Who are we:
Abdij Sint-Sixtus VZW
8640 Westvleteren (Belgium)
- We take all reasonable measures necessary to ensure the proper functioning, safety and availability of our Website. However, we cannot give absolute guarantees in this respect.
- Any use of the Website is always at your own risk. We accept no liability for damage resulting from malfunctions, interruptions, harmful elements or defects to the Website, whether or not they result from an external cause or force majeure.
- We have the right to restrict and/or interrupt all or part of the access to our Website at any time, without prior warning. In principle, we only do this if circumstances justify it.
- The information on the Website is only determined by us. We take the necessary measures to keep the content on our Website as complete, accurate and up to date as possible. The content on our Website can always be changed, supplemented or deleted. However, we cannot give any guarantees as to the quality of the information on our Website. It is possible that information is not complete, sufficiently accurate and/or useful. We are therefore not liable for (direct and indirect) damage that the visitor of our Website suffers as a result of the information available on our Website.
- Our Website contains content that can be downloaded. Every download of our Website is always at your own risk. We accept no liability for any damage resulting from a download, including, but not limited to, the loss of data or damage to the computer system of the visitor of our Website.
What we expect from you as a user
- Every User of our Website bears a certain responsibility when using our Website. The User must always refrain from any actions that may have a harmful impact on the proper functioning and security of the Website, as well as on other users of the Website. For example, the Website may not be used to circumvent our business model and/or to collect information from other visitors on a large scale.
- It is prohibited to use our Website for the spreading of content that may cause damage to other visitors of the Website, such as the spreading of malicious software such as, but not limited to, computer viruses, malware, worms, trojans and cancel bots. The spreading of unsolicited and/or commercial messages via the Website, such as junk mail, spamming and chain letters, is also included here.
- We reserve the right to take all necessary actions that may result in recovery for us and for our Users, both on a judicial and extrajudicial level. The User is the only personally and fully responsible if his actions and behaviours effectively cause damage to the Website and the other visitors. In that case, he must indemnify us from any claim for damages that follows.
- The User accepts that he is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his password, login and for any action that will be executed through his login and password. The User will be responsible for any use of the Website that he makes himself for that any other person who uses his login information makes.
Links to websites
- The content of our Website may contain a link, hyperlink or framed link to external websites or other forms of electronic portals. A link does not automatically imply that there is a connection between us and the external websites, nor that we (implicitly) agree with the content of these websites.
- We do not monitor these external websites and are not responsible for the safe and correct operation of the link and the final destination. As soon as you click on the link you leave our Website and we can no longer be held liable for any damage.
- It is possible that external websites do not offer the same guarantees as we do. Therefore, we advise any User who enters a foreign website via our Website to carefully read the general terms and conditions and the privacy statement of these websites.
- When the User wishes to post a link to our Website on an external website, this is only allowed to the extent that these hyperlinks lead to the exact URL of the homepage of our Website and are not provided with offensive statements regarding our Website. Deep linking is not allowed. Furthermore, the User may not use in-line linking, framing, crawling, scraping, harvesting or similar methods to this Website.
- The Website and its content is protected by intellectual property rights. This protection belongs to us. Under content one understands a very broad category of photos, video, audio, text, ideas, notes, drawings, articles, etc. All such content is protected by copyright, software law, database law, drawing and designs law and other applicable (intellectual) property rights. The technical nature of our Website itself is protected by copyright, software law and database law.
- The trade name Sint-Sixtus, the tag lines, logo(s), colour combination and every trade name we use ourselves on our Website are also protected by the applicable intellectual property law. We therefore ask our Users not to use and/or make changes to the intellectual property as described in this full clause, without our consent.
- Every User of our Website is given a limited right of access, use and representation of our Website and the information that is available thereon. This right granted is non-exclusive, non-transferable and can only be used within a personal, non-commercial framework. We attach great importance to our intellectual property rights and have taken all possible measures to guarantee its protection. Any infringement on the existing intellectual property rights shall be prosecuted.
- The figurative trademark Abdij St-Sixtus Westvleteren is the property of the Abbey Sint Sixtus. The use of this figurative trademark is subject to the conditions that you can find in our Trademark Policy.
- We reserve the freedom to modify, extend, restrict or discontinue our Website and the services offered on it at any time. This can be done without prior notice to the User and does not give rise to any form of compensation.